Lower School Admissions
Lower School Registration
Lower School Registration (PreK - 5th Grade)
2021-22 KINDERGARTEN APPLICATIONS
Beginning Thursday, December 10th, children born in 2016 can apply to kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year.
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. All families who apply by the deadline will receive a kindergarten offer in April.
All families should participate in kindergarten admissions, including children currently attending pre-K, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students with accessibility needs.
MySchools.nyc includes an online directory tool that allows families to explore program choices, save programs of interest and submit their application, all on the same site.
Families can apply to Kindergarten in two ways, online at MySchools and over the phone by calling the number 718-935-2009. Additionally, you can share the attached flyer with your families about the Kindergarten application.
Please reach out to EsEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov with questions.
1st- 5th GRADE
Registration is now open. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The children must live in 276's school zone to register.
In order to get sibling priority for PS276, please make sure you indicate this on the application by adding your older child’s name and Student ID/OSIS#. Sibling priority does not apply if the older sibling is currently in 8th grade.
Your child(ren) should live in our school zone (south of Liberty/west of Broadway).
Please see the list below of documents you must submit. If your child has been attending an NYC public school, please bring in your child’s OSIS# (found on their report card).
What to Bring/advise for PRE-Registration- if you are missing any of the following documents you will need to come back to register:
- Bring your child’s OSIS# if they attended an NYC public school.
- Child’s original birth certificate or passport
- Child’s most recent immunization records
- Your child’s most recent report card from their previous school
- Please advise If your child received any physical, medical or special education (IEP) services at their previous school
- Please advise if your child may need ELL (English language learner) services at school.
- Please bring your child’s most recent NYC public school IEP (Individual education plans) if applicable
- Bring 2-3 proofs of address from the following list:
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by Con Edison must be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, NYCHA, HRA, ACS, or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- An original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- A current property tax bill for the residence or a home insurance bill.
- If new to the zone, you can provide a NOTARIZED letter from the managing agent of the building stating that you and your child live At the address along with a copy of your signed and dated lease.
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; must be dated within the past 60 days
- A valid driver’s license with your new address printed on the license, NYC ID, or voters registration
- your child has an IEP or needs special education support and they have never attended an NYC public school please make sure you bring in their most recent evaluation or visit NYC Department of education CSE at 333 7th avenue @29th street 7th floor.