Lower School Admissions
Lower School Registration
Lower School Registration (PreK - 5th Grade)
CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR (2020-21) PREK-5th GRADE REGISTRATION
Please email: email@example.com
2021-22 PREK APPLICATIONS
The Pre-K for All application for the 2021-2022 school year are open and the deadline to apply is April 7. PS/IS 276 does not offer 3K programs.
We do not offer after care for PRK at PS276
All NYC families with children born in 2017 can apply. Children who attend free, full-day, high-quality pre-K learn through play and build skills in a safe, caring environment.
Start exploring Pre-K for All programs options for your child now!
- Find program options in the searchable Pre-K Directory in MySchools
- Set up your MySchools account from a computer or phone. Learn how to set your account.
- Contact programs directly to learn about virtual tours and open houses
- Learn about admissions and get all the latest updates at nyc.gov/PreK.
We are here to support throughout the application period! If you have questions, you can:
Email at ESEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov
Call at 718-935-2009.
2021-22 KINDERGARTEN APPLICATIONS
Kindergarten applications for Fall 2021 are now closed, but you can add your child to K waitlists
-Your child's turning 5s evaluation -IEP for special education support (if applicable)
**If your child attended a UPK public NYC PREK program and/or had a turning5s evaluation for special education support they will have been given a student ID/OSIS#- please include this ID# on all pre-registration papers submitted. This number is a 9 digit number beginning with a 2.
All families should participate in kindergarten admissions, including children currently attending pre-K, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students with accessibility needs.
1st- 5th GRADE
2021-22 1st- 5th GRADE REGISTRATION
Registration will open at 8:30 AM on Tuesday, June 1. It will be conducted virtually with 276 school staff. Please email Sabrina Raza-Wiese Sabrina.firstname.lastname@example.org
The children must live in 276's school zone to register.
In order to get sibling priority for PS276, please make sure you indicate this on the application by adding your older child’s name and Student ID/OSIS#. Sibling priority does not apply if the older sibling is currently in 8th grade.
Your child(ren) should live in our school zone (south of Liberty/west of Broadway).
Please see the list below of documents you must submit. If your child has been attending an NYC public school, please bring in your child’s OSIS# (found on their report card).
Please email Sabrina Raza-Wiese Sabrina.email@example.com
What you will need for PRE-Registration. Registration will not be complete without all of these documents.
- Your child’s OSIS# if they attended an NYC public school.
- Child’s original birth certificate or passport
- Child’s most recent immunization records
- Your child’s most recent report card from their previous school
- Please advise If your child received any physical, medical or special education (IEP) services at their previous school
- Please advise if your child may need ELL (English language learner) services at school.
- Please bring your child’s most recent NYC public school IEP (Individual education plans) if applicable
- Bring 2-3 proofs of address from the following list:
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by Con Edison must be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, NYCHA, HRA, ACS, or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- An original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- A current property tax bill for the residence or a home insurance bill.
- If new to the zone, you can provide a NOTARIZED letter from the managing agent of the building stating that you and your child live At the address along with a copy of your signed and dated lease.
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; must be dated within the past 60 days
- A valid driver’s license with your new address printed on the license, NYC ID, or voters registration
- your child has an IEP or needs special education support and they have never attended an NYC public school please make sure you bring in their most recent evaluation or visit NYC Department of education CSE at 333 7th avenue @29th street 7th floor.