Lower School Admissions
Lower School Registration (Pre-K through 5th Grade)
Learn more about our lower school from our Principal, Terri Ruyter, in this video information session (please note, the dates referenced in this video refer to the 2021 - 2022 school year).
Our school zone is south of Liberty Street and from the west side of Broadway to the Hudson River. If you are not living in the zone, you will need to apply through the Family Welcome Center for District 2. Learn more about Family Welcome Centers here.
In order to get sibling priority at PS/IS 276, please make sure you indicate on the application the name and student ID (or OSIS) number of the child who is currently attending PS/IS 276. Sibling priority does not apply if the older sibling is currently in the 8th grade.
2023-2024 School Year Applications
2023 - 2024 Pre-K Applications
The online Pre-K for All application for the 2023 - 2024 school year will open in late January. Learn more about Pre-K and how to apply here.
- PS/IS 276 does not offer 3K.
- Our afterschool program partner, Manhattan Youth, does not offer aftercare for Pre-K students.
2023 - 2024 Kindergarten Applications
Kindergarten offers will be made in the spring for families who applied through MySchools. Once you receive and accept an offer at 276, we will send out a “next steps” email outlining the registration guidelines. You can preview the documentation we will require here; the requirements include:
- Your child’s most recent immunization record (required vaccines by September 2023: 5 DTAP, 4 Polio, 2 MMR, 2 Varicella, 3 HEPB.) Immunization Requirements Letter and Chart for School Year 2022-2023
- Two recent proofs of address (list of accepted proofs)
- Your child’s “Turning 5” evaluation/IEP for special education support (if applicable). If your child attended a UPK public NYC Pre-K program and/or had a “Turning 5” evaluation for special education support, they will have been assigned a nine-digit student ID (or OSIS) number. Please include this number on all pre-registration papers submitted.
2023 - 2024 1st through 5th Grade Admissions
Registration for 1st through 5th grade for the 2023 - 2024 school year will open on June 5, 2023. See below for the documentation requirements to register a student who is new to the NYC public school system.
2022-2023 School Year Applications
2022 - 2023 Kindergarten through 5th Grade Admissions
To register for a seat for the current school year, please submit the following (Note: if your child has ever attended a public school in NYC, please make sure their nine-digit student ID (or OSIS) number is on every document you submit):
- Fill out the five fillable registration forms below. You may type your name in the signature sections if you are submitting the forms via email. If you need to receive these forms in a language other than English, please email Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOH School Health Annual Exam Form (to be completed by a physician in the United States). Immunization Requirements Letter and Chart for School Year 2022-2023 )
- Submit the documents specified on the Registration Checklist, including two proofs of address.
- Please advise us if:
- Your child needs English language support through our English as a New Language program.
- Your child has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Please send us a copy with your child’s student ID (or OSIS) number on all paperwork.
- Your child has any allergies or medication needs during the school day.
- You have a custody agreement indicating one parent has the final decision on educational matters. Please send us a copy of the agreement.
- Submit all documentation
Please send all completed forms and documents together in one email to
In the subject line, please include your child’s name and grade and the school year for which you are registering.
If you would prefer, you may print out the completed forms and documents and drop them off at the school in an envelope marked “ATTN: Sabrina - 2022 - 2023 Registration / [Child’s Name]”. Please leave the envelope with the School Safety Agents in the front lobby.
Questions? Please contact Angie O’Reilly, our Parent Coordinator, at email@example.com