Lower School Admissions
Lower School Registration (Pre-K through 5th Grade)
Learn more about our lower school from our Principal, Terri Ruyter, in this video information session (please note, the dates referenced in this video refer to the 2021 - 2022 school year).
Our school zone is south of Liberty Street and from the west side of Broadway to the Hudson River. If you are not living in the zone, you will need to apply through the Family Welcome Center for District 2. Learn more about Family Welcome Centers here.
In order to get sibling priority at PS/IS 276, please make sure you indicate your older child’s name and student ID (or OSIS) number on the application. Sibling priority does not apply if the older sibling is currently in the 8th grade.
At this time there are no plans for an in-person orientation. Please watch the video information session to learn more about our school and our approach to learning.
2022-2023 School Year Applications
The Pre-K for All application for the 2022 - 2023 school year will open in early 2022. Sign up now for the Pre-K admissions email list to get admissions alerts and messages from the Department of Education.
All NYC families with children born in 2018 can apply. Learn more about Pre-K and how to apply here.
Please note, PS/IS 276 does not offer 3K. The afterschool program we partner with, Manhattan Youth, does not offer aftercare for Pre-K students.
Kindergarten offers will be made in the spring. Once you accept an offer, you will need to register by providing the documentation found here, including:
- Your child’s most recent immunization record (required vaccines by September 2022: 5 DTAP, 4 Polio, 2 MMR, 2 Varicella, 3 HEPB)
- Two recent proofs of address
- Your child’s “Turning 5” evaluation/IEP for special education support (if applicable). If your child attended a UPK public NYC Pre-K program and/or had a “Turning 5” evaluation for special education support, they will have been assigned a nine-digit student ID (or OSIS) number. Please include this number on all pre-registration papers submitted.
1st through 5th Grade Admissions
Registration for 1st through 5th grade for the 2022 - 2023 school year will open on June 6, 2022. See below for the documentation requirements to register a student who is new to the NYC public school system.
Questions? Please contact Angie O’Reilly, our Parent Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-2022 School Year Applications
To register for a seat for 2021-2022 school year for Kindergarten through 5th grade, please read and follow these instructions (Note: if your child attended an NYC public school, please make sure their nine-digit student ID (or OSIS) number is on every document you submit):
- Fill out the five fillable registration forms below. You may type your name in the signature sections if you are submitting the forms via email. If you need to receive these forms in a language other than English, please email Sabrina at email@example.com.
- 2021 - 2022 Student Registration Form
- 2021 - 2022 Ethnicity Form
- 2021 - 2022 Housing Questionnaire
- 2021 - 2022 Home Language Identification Survey
- 2021 - 2022 DOH School Health Annual Exam Form (to be completed by child’s physician; see here for immunization requirements: 2021 - 2022 DOH Immunization Requirements)
- Submit the documents specified on the Registration Checklist, including two proofs of address.
- Please advise us if:
- Your child needs English language support through our English as a New Language program.
- Your child has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Please send us a copy with your child’s student ID (or OSIS) number on all paperwork.
- Your child has any allergies or medication needs during the school day.
- You have a custody agreement indicating one parent has the final decision on educational matters. Please send us a copy of the agreement.
- Submit all documentation
Please send all completed forms and documents together in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include your child’s name and grade and the school year for which you are registering.
If you would prefer, you may print out the completed forms and documents and drop them off at the school in an envelope marked “ATTN: Sabrina - 2021 - 2022 Registration / [Child’s Name]”. Please leave the envelope with the School Safety Agents in the front lobby.