Lower School Admissions

Lower School Registration

Lower School Registration (PreK - 5th Grade)


The Pre-K for All application for the 2021-2022 school year are open and the deadline to apply is April 7.  PS/IS 276 does not offer 3K programs.
We do not offer after care for PRK at PS276

All NYC families with children born in 2017 can apply. Children who attend free, full-day, high-quality pre-K learn through play and build skills in a safe, caring environment.

Start exploring Pre-K for All programs options for your child now!

We are here to support throughout the application period! If you have questions, you can:



Kindergarten applications for Fall 2021 are now closed, but you can add your child to K waitlists

As of April 8th the Kindergarten seat offers have been sent to the families that applied online by the deadline and live in the PS276 zone. If you received a seat offer for Kindergarten 2021-22 please make sure to accept or decline the offer in your student account by April 30th. If you received a WL# then we will contact you by email if and when we have a seat available for your child in WL # order. 
In early May 2021 we will reaching out by email, with Pre-registration instructions, to those families that have accepted our Kindergarten seat offer in their My student account. Please do not contact the school - we will reach out to you in early May. 
In the meantime, please gather the following documents that you will need to submit for pre-registration:
-Your K child's passport or Birth certificate
-Your child's most recent immunization record (required vaccines by September 2021: 5 DTAP, 4 Polio, 2 MMR, 2 Varicella, 3 HEPB)
-2 recent proofs of address
-Your child's turning  5s evaluation -IEP for special education support (if applicable)

**If your child attended a UPK public NYC PREK program and/or had a turning5s evaluation for special education support they will have been given a student ID/OSIS#- please include this ID# on all pre-registration papers submitted. This number is a 9 digit number beginning with a 2.

All families should participate in kindergarten admissions, including children currently attending pre-K, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students with accessibility needs.


2021 - 22 1st- 5th GRADE REGISTRATION

2021-22 1st grade-5th grade registration will begin via email at 8:30 AM on June 1, 2021.
To register your child for school year 2021-22 please read the following instructions very carefully:
1) Fill out the 5 attached fillable registration forms. it is ok to type your name in the signature sections if you are emailing back the forms. If you need to receive these forms in a language other than English, please let us know. 
2) Submit the following documents along with the forms: 
-your child's birth certificate or passport
-most recent immunization record - see attached required vaccines and health form needed before school starts in September. 
-2 proofs of address from the following: driver's license, rent or mortgage bill, wifi/cable bill, ConEd bill, home insurance bill, payroll document with your address on it
-Most recent report card 
3) Please advise us if :
-your child needs English language support (ENL)
-please send us their IEP (Individual Education Plan) if applicable and Include their student ID# on all paperwork if availalble. 
-your child has any allergies or medication needs during the school day
-you have a custody agreement indicating one parent has final educational decision - please submit the court agreement. 
Please send all completed forms and documents together in one email to erica.weldon@bpcschool.org and sabrina.razawiese@bpcschool.org 
In the subject line please add (grade you are registering for and school year you are registering for- your child's name
If you prefer, you can print out the completed forms and documents and drop them off at the school in an envelope marked  ATTN: SABRINA- 2021-22 reg. (with your child's name on it).
Please leave the envelope with the security guards in the front lobby. 
**If your child attended a NYC DOE public school, please make sure that their STUDENT ID/OSIS# is on every document you submit.  (9-digit number beginning with a 2 you can get their ID# number)
**If your child went to a private school they will not have a student ID# until September when they begin at PS276 
Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans for an in-person orientation until we get more guidance from the DOE and CDC on COVID regulations. Please visit our website www.bpcschool.org for more information and a virtual tour. 


In order to get sibling priority for PS276, please make sure you indicate this on the application by adding your older child’s name and Student ID/OSIS#. Sibling priority does not apply if the older sibling is currently in 8th grade.    



Your child(ren) should live in our school zone (south of Liberty/west of Broadway).

Please see the list below of documents you must submit. If your child has been attending an NYC public school, please bring in your child’s OSIS# (found on their report card).

Please email Sabrina Raza-Wiese Sabrina.razawiese@bpcschool.org