276 PTA Membership Information
Please register in our PTA membership where you can provide and update your contact information, view the online school directory, see upcoming calendar events, pay for school supplies, sign up to volunteer, make a contribution to the Invest In Your Child Campaign, and much, much more.
Here's what you need to do:
- Go to 276 PTA Membership Website
- Click on the login / Registration button.
- Select "Create Account" and fill in your name, email, and password information.
- Click "Verify My Email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in, and finish the registration process:
- Complete the Family and Student Information forms.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences form to let us know what information, if any, you would like to share in the School Directory. You may change your preferences at any time.
- Once these forms are complete, you will be directed to make a contribution for School Supplies & Head Lice Exams and will be given the opportunity to volunteer.
Programs Funded by PTA
The PTA funding is essential in order to fund a variety of programs across all the grades. The DOE does not provide enough funding to support our students in all areas. Below are some of the programs the PS/IS 276 parent community has funded.
- Music: K-8: Rhythmic patterns, harmony, dynamics, pitch, and more. 3rd grade: introduction to recorders. 4th -grade: band instruments. 5th-8th grade: band instruments and choral singing.
- Spanish: 1-4: Introduction to a new language. Also allows teachers to team-teach in small group time, breaking into smaller groups for math and literacy while one class has Spanish.
- Math Coach: K-8: Works with the teachers to improve student learning of mathematics.
- Teacher Development: K-8: To help teachers stay current on best practices and to help improve curriculum
- Assistant Teachers: Lower School: To support teachers in some classes with a large number of students.
- Story Telling: K: Uses interactive drama to strengthen literacy, critical thinking, and essential social-emotional skills
- NYC Kids Project: K and 8: Use theatrical puppets and storytelling and facilitated dialogue to focus on character development and anti-bullying issues.
- Construction Kids: 1st: Learn to use real tools (hammer, nails, etc.) and get to build pinewood boats, birdhouses.
- Centre for Architecture: 2nd: A great STEM program allows our kids to design, build and engineer models of bridges.
- Artist Residency: 3rd: Artists in the classroom to help bring aspects of the curriculum to life
- Puberty Program: 5th: To learn about the physical, emotional, and social changes that affect both boys and girls during puberty. There is a workshop for parents as well.
- Lincoln Center Programs: 6th-8th: From music to social studies… a variety of workshops aligned with the curriculum.
- Library: K-8th: Creating a space for all students to feel welcomed and are encouraged to grow and learn.
- Library - Recess Clubs: 2-8th: Minecraft, Makerspace, Knitting Club ….All in the library with Basia!
- Chess: K-8th: Practice your chess strategies and get advice during recess at the library. In-class lessons for the lower school.