Communication with Families
At PS/IS 276, we recognize that a collaborative relationship between home and school is important for successful learning. We have a variety of ways that we communicate about school.
Teachers have email accounts and communicate with families via email. As the teachers’ primary job is to educate children, they are not expected to reply to emails during the school day. As a general policy, teachers respond to parent emails within 2 school days. A reminder note in the signature line of all teacher emails will be consistent across the school: "Please allow 2 business days for teachers to respond to your e-mail. If you do not hear back within 2 business days, please re-send e-mail."
Because teachers do not check email during the school day, we do not alter dismissal plans via email or phone call without 24 hours-notice.
School-wide sources of information:
• Parent coordinator weekly “School Happenings” email informing and reminding parents of upcoming school wide events.
• PTA weekly emails informing and reminding parents of upcoming PTA meetings, elections, fundraising, ecological and community initiatives, school and neighborhood events.
• PTA Membership Tool, for updated Directory, fundraising links and PTA general information
• School website. The PTA and the school work to have our website accurately updated
• School calendar (found on the website)
• PTA Facebook page to share community happenings and services. https://www.facebook.com/Psis276TheBatteryParkCitySchoolPta
• All parents are invited to attend PTA meetings and SLT meetings which are scheduled for convenience.