Communication with Families
At PS/IS 276, we recognize that a collaborative relationship between home and school is important for successful learning. We have a variety of ways that we communicate about school.
Teachers have email accounts and communicate with families via email. As the teachers’ primary job is to educate children, they are not expected to reply to emails during the school day. As a general policy, teachers respond to parent emails within 2 school days. A reminder note in the signature line of all teacher emails will be consistent across the school: "Please allow 2 business days for teachers to respond to your e-mail. If you do not hear back within 2 business days, please re-send e-mail."
Because teachers do not check email during the school day, we do not alter dismissal plans via email or phone call without 24 hours notice.
School-wide sources of information:
• Parent coordinator emails informing and reminding parents of important school-wide information.
• PTA weekly emails informing and reminding parents of upcoming PTA meetings, elections, fundraising, ecological and community initiatives, school and neighborhood events. Only families that have signed up for the PTA Membership Toolkit will receive this weekly email.
• PTA Membership Tool kit for updated Directory, fundraising links, and PTA general information. Please use this link to access it PTA Membership Tool,
• The PTA and the school work to have our website accurately updated. The school website address is www.bpcschool.org
• School Calendar (found on the website), please access through this link School calendar
• PTA Facebook page to share community happenings and services, please use this link to access it. https://www.facebook.com/Psis276TheBatteryParkCitySchoolPta
• All parents are invited to attend PTA meetings and SLT meetings which are scheduled for convenience.
Remind App sign up
We use this app to send out text blasts for important last-minute school-wide information.
To sign up:
For PreK- 4th grade text @kg7af4 to 81010
For class of 2020 (8th grade) text @dge324 to 81010
For class of 2021 (7th grade) text @e4fkea to 801010
For class of 2022 (6th grade) text @fc64fh to 81010
For class of 2023 (5th grade) text @9db4c6 to 81010